As part of British Canoeing’s commitment to becoming more inclusive and representative, we are delighted to launch this Annual Inclusion Survey. This survey will help us to understand, monitor and improve diversity within our sport and our organisation as a whole.
Through conducting the British Canoeing Inclusion Survey, we hope to be more informed about:
- the paddling community’s view of our sport and British Canoeing as an organisation;
- the experience of the paddling community based on protected characteristic groups;
- the key barriers to participation;
- whether our actions match the needs of the communities across paddling to make those settings more inclusive;
- changes in opinion and perception of equality, diversity and inclusion in our sport and organisation over time; and
- the impact and effectiveness of our work in the area of equality, diversity and inclusion.
Why complete the survey?
Take part in this survey, to ensure your voice is heard and to help to shape our equality, diversity and inclusion agenda. We encourage anyone who is involved in paddling to complete this survey, whether you are a competitive athlete, deliverer, coach, volunteer, committee member, Delivery Partner or recreational paddler, and regardless of whether or not you are a current member of British Canoeing.
We would love to hear from those with a wide range of backgrounds and communities and encourage you to share this survey this widely with your fellow paddlers.
This Inclusion Survey is open for responses from Monday 27th September 2021 until Sunday 7th November 2021.
You can download a large text version of this survey here – please download this, complete it and return it to Helena Russo either at [email protected] or post the completed version to:
FAO Helena Russo,
National Water Sport Centre,
This version is also compatible with screen readers. If your accessibility needs are not met here, please contact Helena Russo at [email protected] to request a more suitable format.